I am available for speaking engagements on various topics and for various lengths of time. If you would want to invite me to speak in your area, please e-mail my dear wife at:
Upcoming/Recent Speaking Engagements:
April 27, 2014 Cathedral of the Risen Christ, Lincoln, Nebraska
Faith vs. Ideology: How Pope St. John Paul II Changed the World
October 26, 2013 St. Wenceslaus Parish Church, Omaha, Nebraska
“What does the Church Teach about Immigration?”
October 19, 2013 “Life, Dignity and Disability” HLI Conference
From Suffering to Sacrifice: St. Germaine Cousin of Pibrac
July 18, 2013 “Faith & Family in the New Evangelization” NACFLM Conference
The Urging of Christ’s Love: The New Evangelization and Catholic Social Teahcing
Rome Beneath the Surface – Can’t get to Rome? Then have Omar lead you through the discovery of the catacombs under Rome. Listen as you tells about the intrigue and the wonder that surrounds the archeological evidences of our faith.
1 to 1.5 hours in length. Lots of photographs and pictures.
• “Omar had a great knowledge of the subject and made it very interesting, like a mystery novel.”
• “Very educational. I realized that this helps me be more informed about my faith.”
• “We were not able to take the Scavi Tour when we were in Rome last spring, so this was a marvelous opportunity to ‘see’ what we missed. Thank you!”
• “I enjoyed the great stories told in a very engaging manner. Omar has the education and the experience that was wonderful.”
• “I enjoyed the instructor. He presents classes with a huge passion! I love to learn about our faith, and Omar sets a fire in your heart and soul to learn more about your faith.”
• “I loved the progression of the discovery and making the history come alive!”
Revolution: Pope Leo XIII and Rerum Novarum - Pope Leo XIII ushered in a new form of teaching, modern Catholic Social Teaching. Learn how it all began with Rerum novarum. Omar tells about what was going on at the time and provides a walk through the document, explaining some of the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
1 to 1.5 hours in length.
Introduction to Catholic Social Teaching - Based on the Compendium of the Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, Omar presents his five points of Catholic Social Teaching. Rooted in relationship with Christ Jesus, the presentation integrates history, doctrine, and a spirituality of the Social Teaching that is applicable to every-day life.
This presentation includes power point slides for 1 hour presentations to as much as a retreat long presentation.
From Suffering to Sacrifice: St. Germaine Cousin of Pibrac - How do we make sense of the suffering of children or of the disabled? Based on his book “The Urging of Christ’s Love” Omar tells the story of St. Germaine Cousin of Pibrac, a saint who teaches us how to hope in the midst of suffering.
30 to 50 minutes long. No slides.
The New Evangelization and Catholic Social Teaching - What can’t we seem to get along when we talk about Catholic Social Teaching, and how does this get in the way of our work as new evangelizers? Omar offers his perspective on the challenges in our time and a solution to begin to approach the teaching differently.
45 minutes long. Powerpoint slides available.